Welcome to a transformative journey with Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) at my office in Pikesville, Maryland. Here’s a guide to help you understand what Ketamine is, its potential benefits in processing trauma, anxiety, depression, and overcoming feelings of being stuck.
What is Ketamine?
Ketamine is an FDA-approved anesthetic that has gained recognition for its potential therapeutic effects on mental health. In the context of psychotherapy, it is used at sub-anesthetic doses to facilitate a unique and profound therapeutic experience.
How Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy Works:
Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy involves the administration of a carefully measured dose of ketamine in a therapeutic setting. The psychedelic effects of ketamine can provide a different perspective, helping individuals explore their thoughts, emotions, and memories more deeply.
Benefits of KAP in Processing Trauma, Anxiety, and Depression:
Research suggests that Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy may have rapid and enduring effects on mental health. It has shown promise in addressing:
- Trauma: Ketamine can help individuals process traumatic memories, offering a unique opportunity for healing.
- Anxiety and Depression: KAP has demonstrated effectiveness in alleviating symptoms of anxiety and depression, often providing relief where other treatments may have been less successful.
- Feeling Stuck: For those feeling stuck in their personal or emotional growth, KAP can offer a breakthrough, fostering a sense of movement and progress.
- Initial Consultation: We begin with an initial consultation to assess if Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy is the right fit for you. This session allows us to understand your needs, goals, and address any concerns.
- Referral to Psychiatrist: Upon determining that KAP is suitable for you, we will refer you to a qualified psychiatrist. The psychiatrist will prescribe the necessary medication, which you will bring to the treatment sessions.
- Treatment Session: During the KAP session, you will be guided through the experience in a safe and supportive environment, promoting self-discovery and introspection.
Cost of KAP:
The cost for a 2-hour session of Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy is $360, which aligns with the cost of regular two hour session.
Embark on a transformative journey towards healing and self-discovery. Contact me to schedule your initial consultation and take the first step towards a brighter, more balanced life.